• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Anambra people magazine
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Anambra people magazine
No Result
View All Result
Home ANAMBRA TV

Residents jubilate as Anambra govt demolishes hotel, 2storey built on canal

Onyeka by Onyeka
February 13, 2025
in ANAMBRA TV
Residents jubilate as Anambra govt demolishes hotel, 2storey built on canal
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Chinedum Treasure

Residents of Enekwasompu Obosi Layout in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State were in jubilant mood on Thursday following demolition of uncompleted structures built on top of canal by the State Physical Planning Board (ANSPPB).

The demolished structures included a 2-storey and another building which is said would serve as hotel being erected on top of the large carnal.

The residents who spoke to newsmen said the owner of the property had severely been warned against putting up such structures on such dangerous location, but he refused.

Fadaella Biscuits

“He even hired military men and thugs to ensure the work continues uninterrupted because he knows that what he is doing is illegal. Anyone that nears the building risks attack and phones confiscated.

RelatedPosts

45-Year-Old Illegal Chinese Miner Arrested in Anambra

Residents Protest High Electricity Bill from EEDC In Anambra.

Panic as Trader Confesses Killing Businessman, Children, Women in Anambra Community.

“Meanwhile, he’s living in a rented apartment, yet building structures with tendencies of jeopardizing lives of others,” one of the residents who preferred anonymity said.

The Agency also carried out enforcement exercise at Trans-Nkisi Estate, Onitsha, where illegal structures and shanties were removed.

Addressing newsmen shortly after the operation, Managing Director, ANSPPB, Barr. Chike Maduekwe described the structures built on top of carnal as height of impunity.

He reiterated that owners of building without approval risked arrest and imprisonment, and would pay for cost incurred during the enforcement.

Maduekwe also dismissed alleged invasion of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), insisting the Agency was only enforcing development control laws and never tampered with the media outlet’s property.

He disclosed that several notices and warnings were issued three years ago for removal of the illegal structures, which he said, were all ignored.

He said, “Physical planning law requires that anyone building, including fence must get building permit from my office.

“The reasons are simple: one to determine the land belongs to the owner. Two, to determine if the building is consistent with the scheme and thirdly, to determine structural integrity of the building.

“It’s the height of impunity for someone to build on top of carnal. If we had allowed the building, the entire place will be flooded during rainy season.

“Residents said anybody that tries to pass the building will have his/her phone confisticated. They also said there were cases of robbery and rape under the canal.

“The storey building he sandwiched in-between two houses was so week that as soon as it was touched by the caterpillar, if fell like pack of cards.

“I seize this opportunity to warn that anybody building without approval will be arrested and sent to jail. The person will also pay for the cost incurred during the enforcement because it’s very expensive,” he warned.

While confirming the owner of the structure is currently at large, Maduekwe said he had been reported to the security agencies and would be arrested at the right time.

About Author

Onyeka

See author's posts

Previous Post

Obiano’s EFCC ordeal not fight against corruption – Obidigbo

Next Post

Man Remanded For Allegedly Defiling an 8 Year Old Girl In Anambra

Onyeka

Onyeka

Next Post
Court grants Ukatu bail, fixes October 6 for hearing

Man Remanded For Allegedly Defiling an 8 Year Old Girl In Anambra

Recent News

Tension: Anambra traders to protest arrest of 2 market chairmen by DSS

Anambra Govt Bans Writing Of Assignments In Textbooks.

August 29, 2025
What I Discussed With Anambra LP Candidate, George Moghalu – Chidoka

What I Discussed With Anambra LP Candidate, George Moghalu – Chidoka

August 29, 2025
Air Peace to build aircraft maintenance facility in 12 Months.

Air Peace to build aircraft maintenance facility in 12 Months.

August 29, 2025
Anambra State House Of Assembly Swears In Mrs Mimi Azikiwe As Member Representing Onitsha North Constituency 1

Anambra State House Of Assembly Swears In Mrs Mimi Azikiwe As Member Representing Onitsha North Constituency 1

August 28, 2025

Most Read

No Content Available

Copyright © ANAMBRA PEOPLE MAGAZINE. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports

© wordpress-1211428-4405999.cloudwaysapps.com