• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
Anambra people magazine
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Anambra people magazine
No Result
View All Result
Home CRIME AND INSECURITY

22-year-old Bride And Only Child Killed In Anambra ‘sit-at-home’ Attack

Onyeka by Onyeka
June 19, 2024
in CRIME AND INSECURITY
Insecurity: Gunmen Abduct Another Former Lawmaker in Ihiala
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

On Monday, gunmen invaded Nnewichi community in Nnewi north LGA and Nnobi community in Idemili south LGA of the state, shooting sporadically and destroying properties.

The attackers were said to be enforcing a sit-at-home order in the south-east region.

Tochukwu Ikenga, Anambra police spokesperson, confirmed that a 22-year-old lady was among the three victims of the attack.

According to reports, the victim was also the only child of her parents.

A family source said the had her traditional marriage only a week ago and was waiting for her husband who lives abroad to return before she was hit by stray bullets.

RelatedPosts

7 killed in Police, hoodlums gun duel in Anambra

Anambra Commissioner of Police Reads Riot Act to Onitsha Area Commander, DPOs

Police Uncover Murder of a 56-Year-Old Man By Friend in Anambra

“It was a heartbreaking incident and a heavy blow on the family yesterday (Monday). Her mum sent her to their farm to bring vegetables for the preparation of their food. On her way back home, she was hit by stray bullets during the gunfire between security officials and those dare-devil criminals,” the source said.

Ikenga said doctors declared the lady, and two other victims, dead after police operatives took them to the hospital.

“Two others are currently receiving treatment,” the state police spokesperson said.

So far, no arrest has been announced.

Ikenga said Nnaghe Itam, the state commissioner of police, has ordered an immediate manhunt of the gunmen.

About Author

Onyeka

See author's posts

Previous Post

Soludo Approves Setting Up Of Inquiry Over Collapse Of DMGS Building and Ochanja Lock Up Stores

Next Post

Soludo Inaugurates High Chief Christopher Ndubuisi, Others as Anambra Varsity Governing Council Members

Onyeka

Onyeka

Next Post
Soludo Inaugurates High Chief Christopher Ndubuisi, Others as Anambra Varsity Governing Council Members

Soludo Inaugurates High Chief Christopher Ndubuisi, Others as Anambra Varsity Governing Council Members

Recent News

Igwe Mbamalu Blesses Ojoto Akanasato Women Wing

Igwe Mbamalu Blesses Ojoto Akanasato Women Wing

August 23, 2026
Anambra Billionaire Raises Alarm Over Future of Igbo Businesses Amid Rising Chinese Investment

Anambra Billionaire Raises Alarm Over Future of Igbo Businesses Amid Rising Chinese Investment

August 23, 2026
Innoson seeks FG intervention on electric vehicles’ component duties as MAN advances clean-energy drive

Innoson seeks FG intervention on electric vehicles’ component duties as MAN advances clean-energy drive

August 23, 2026
7 killed in Police, hoodlums gun duel in Anambra

7 killed in Police, hoodlums gun duel in Anambra

August 23, 2026

Most Read

No Content Available

Copyright © ANAMBRA PEOPLE MAGAZINE. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports

© wordpress-1211428-4405999.cloudwaysapps.com