• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Anambra people magazine
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Anambra people magazine
No Result
View All Result
Home POLITICS

Oyo pupils’ abduction: Obi worried over Tinubu’s non-contact with Makinde 50days after 

Onyeka by Onyeka
July 6, 2026
in POLITICS
10 Anambra People Who Have Inspired the Nation This Year
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Chinedum Treasure

 

Presidential Candidate of the Nigeria Democraric Congress (NDC) in the 2027 election, Peter Obi, has accused President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of presiding over what he described as a worsening leadership crisis marked by incapacity, lack of compassion and collapse of governance.

 

In a statement released on Monday, Obi said the ultimate consequence of “uncompassionate leadership” is the transformation of citizens’ frustration into deep and volatile resentment, warning that the country’s worsening insecurity reflects a government that has failed in both capacity and empathy.

RelatedPosts

Gov Adeleke’s victory reflection of people’s trust, confidence – Soludo

Senator Victor Umeh Urges FG to Declare Idemili North, South Erosion Disaster Zone

Be content creators not consumers – Veronica’s Daughter tells Ndi Anambra

 

The former Anambra State governor expressed concern over the abduction of schoolchildren in Oyo State, lamenting that more than 50 days after the incident, there had been no tangible progress toward securing their release.

 

Obi disclosed that he had spoken publicly about the abduction on two occasions, including appealing directly to the kidnappers to release the children.

 

He also revealed that he had called Seyi Makinde twice to express solidarity, stressing that the incident was not merely an Oyo State problem but a national tragedy.

 

According to him, he travelled to Ibadan on July 3 alongside Pat Utomi to meet with Governor Makinde after more than seven weeks had passed without the rescue of the abducted children.

 

During the meeting, Obi said he shared his experience in tackling insecurity while serving as governor of Anambra State, recalling that former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, and Goodluck Jonathan personally contacted state governors whenever serious security challenges arose.

 

Obi said he was surprised to learn from Governor Makinde that President Tinubu had not placed a single call to him regarding the abduction more than 50 days after the incident.

 

Drawing comparison with the 2014 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapping, Obi noted that although the administration of former President Jonathan was heavily criticised for taking over two weeks before contacting the Borno State governor, the current administration had gone more than seven weeks without similar engagement despite experiencing over 13 school kidnapping incidents.

 

He recalled that Tinubu was among the prominent critics who demanded Jonathan’s resignation over his handling of the Chibok crisis, arguing that the same standard should now apply to the current administration.

 

Obi described the situation as evidence that governance had “completely collapsed” under Tinubu’s administration, citing what he called a total lack of capacity, compassion, and sensitivity to the plight of Nigerians.

 

The former presidential candidate maintained that, given the prevailing insecurity and leadership failures, President Tinubu should either resign from office or, at the very least, decline to seek re-election in the interest of the country.

About Author

Onyeka

See author's posts

Previous Post

Shepherd God’s people with compassion – Bishop Obi tells 14 new deacons

Next Post

Resist attempt to destroy your marriage – Bishop Ezeofor tells couples

Onyeka

Onyeka

Next Post
Resist attempt to destroy your marriage – Bishop Ezeofor tells couples

Resist attempt to destroy your marriage - Bishop Ezeofor tells couples

Recent News

Jubilation as ASUBEB distributes free statutory records to basic schools in Anambra

Jubilation as ASUBEB distributes free statutory records to basic schools in Anambra

August 18, 2026
Anambra becomes the first beneficiary of MSH PEECH project in Nigeria

Anambra becomes the first beneficiary of MSH PEECH project in Nigeria

August 18, 2026
United Nigeria Airlines CEO, Obiora Okonkwo Suggests to FG how to Stabilize Naira.

United Nigeria Airlines Partners ANA for Chinua Achebe Fiction Prize, Pledges N20M

August 18, 2026
Fire Service urges caution as fuel tanker falls in Anambra

Fire Service urges caution as fuel tanker falls in Anambra

August 18, 2026

Most Read

No Content Available

Copyright © ANAMBRA PEOPLE MAGAZINE. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports

© wordpress-1211428-4405999.cloudwaysapps.com