IKENGA UMUAWULU:MEET THE IGBO MAN WHO IS DOING WONDERS IN HIS COMMUNITY
It was Warren Buffet that once said, if you are in the luckiest 1% of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think of the other 99%.
High Chief Christopher Ndubuisi (Ikenga Umuawulu) is simply what Warren Buffet had in mind when he made that assertion. Umuawulu, a community in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State has in the past five years undergone a tremendous transformation that it wouldn’t be an over statement to say that Umuawulu community of today is unrecognizable in so many ways. For someone who paid a visit barely five years ago would have thought that suddenly the community might by some miracle, gained a special status on the tables of the state government. The infrastructural development on roads, schools, water scheme, electricity, civic center are in most cases privileges that accrue from the state government, but then these infrastructures and social welfare scheme are simply largesse from one man, who understands what Philanthropy genuinely means, the results of philanthropy are always beyond calculation. The impact is always beyond measure, the compassion to make someone’s life breath easier is the very essence of humanity.
High Chief Christopher Ndubuisi in the rustic eyes of the Umuawulu man and woman is a Senator, House of representative member and probably by stretch a governor. Such depth of compassion to transform one’s society best describes Timothy Pina’s quote; ‘’ Philanthropy is not about money, it is about feeling the pain of others and caring enough about their needs to help”. With over 10km of roads, various electric power projects, schools, health centres and various water scheme, it is proper to say that Ikenga Umuawulu has taken the “Aku lue uno” mantra and philosophy to a new height. He is an inspiration to the lovers of good and those seeking to find the right motivation to make an impact to the world.
“If we do not transform the world, who will? If not now when? – Anonymous.
2 thoughts on “IKENGA UMUAWULU:MEET THE IGBO MAN WHO IS DOING WONDERS IN HIS COMMUNITY”
I am very proud of Christopher Chukwunweogo Ndubuisi(Ikenga Umuawulu).He was one of my students.May God continue to be your strength.
Great Anambra State
Comments are closed.