Three buildings have been gutted by fire at various locations in Awka, Anambra State, ANAMBRA PEOPLE reports.
A students’ hostel, a night club facility and a storey residential building were reportedly razed at different times in the area.
ANAMBRA PEOPLE gathered that although no life was lost in the three incidents, goods worth millions were destroyed during the fire outbreaks.
While the cause of fire at the hostel and the club was attributed to power surge that of the storey building was due to poor management of cooking gas that resulted to gas cylinder explosion.
Confirming the incidents, State Fire Chief, Engr Martin Agbili said his men were on ground to battle the inferno following distressed calls.
He said: “At about 1555hrs (3.55pm) on Tuesday 02-08-2022, Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of fire outbreak at His Grace, St. John’s Hostel, Ifite, Awka.
“Immediately, we deployed our fire truck and Firefighters to the fire scene and fought, controlled and extinguished the fire. A lot was saved during the firefighting operations.