• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Anambra people magazine
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Anambra people magazine
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS / ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Standoff at Nestoil headquarters as owners, receiver manager clash

Onyeka by Onyeka
November 21, 2025
in BUSINESS / ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Standoff at Nestoil headquarters as owners, receiver manager clash
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A dramatic standoff unfolded on Friday at the Lagos headquarters of Nestoil Limited as the company’s owners and officials of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) clashed over control of the multibillion-naira oil and gas conglomerate.

 

 

The tension escalated when Nestoil’s management arrived at the Victoria Island office complex in the company of what was described as a “counter-terrorism team,” insisting they had a court judgment entitling them to retake possession of the facility. They were also accompanied by journalists who streamed parts of the encounter live.

“We are here… the Nestoil management came and brought with them a counter-terrorists team, saying they have a court judgment and want to enter,” a source close to AMCON said. “They came with strong press and are recording live. Police used tear gas to clear all.”

RelatedPosts

Anambra Police Arrests Apprentice Over Master’s Death

Coscharis Boss, Maduka Expresses Regret for Not Investing in Flutterwave

Over 70% Fire Outbreaks Linked to Substandard Cables—Zobis MD

 

 

The receiver/manager appointed over Nestoil, Abubakar Sulu-Gambari, confronted the company’s officials, insisting they could not lawfully re-enter the building because an appeal had been filed against Thursday’s ruling that vacated the Mareva injunction earlier freezing the company’s assets.

 

“The receiver/manager told them that an appeal was entered before the ‘kangaroo judgment’ and therefore parties must wait for the outcome of the appeal,” the source added emotionally. “They are not making any effort to settle their debts? Jesus Christ. What a country!”

 

The confrontation came barely 24 hours after the Federal High Court in Lagos set aside a sweeping ex parte order that had frozen Nestoil’s bank accounts, shares, and other assets in over 20 institutions.

 

Justice D.E. Osiagor ruled that the Mareva injunction earlier granted by Justice Deinde Dipeolu on 22 October had lapsed after the expiration of the 14-day statutory window for hearing the motion on notice challenging the order.

 

The initial order had been secured by FBNQuest and First Trustees over an alleged outstanding debt of more than $1.01 billion and ₦430 billion said to be owed by Nestoil, Neconde Energy, and their promoters Ernest and Nnena Obiejesi.

 

It also authorised the police, the Navy, the State Security Service and other security bodies to assist the receiver/manager in taking over Nestoil’s headquarters and securing Neconde’s interests in Oil Mining Lease (OML) 42—an order that led to the police sealing the building on 28 October.

 

 

The case became more contentious after Nestoil and Neconde petitioned the National Judicial Council and Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, demanding that the matter be reassigned to another judge. They accused Justice Dipeolu of issuing extreme orders without hearing their side of the case and without confirming ownership of the Victoria Island.

 

The matter is expected to resume before Justice Osiagor on 25 November for a motion for joinder and on 12 December for hearing of pending applications.

About Author

Onyeka

See author's posts

    Previous Post

    Carols, Masquerades as Anambra Plans Big December Fiesta.

    Next Post

    EEDC reveals cause of power outage in Awka, surrounding communities

    Onyeka

    Onyeka

    Next Post
    EEDC restores power supply in Anambra

    EEDC reveals cause of power outage in Awka, surrounding communities

    Recent News

    APGA Local Government Chairmanship Primaries: What could have been different?

    APGA Local Government Chairmanship Primaries: What could have been different?

    February 16, 2026
    Anambra Police Arrests Apprentice Over Master’s Death

    Anambra Police Arrests Apprentice Over Master’s Death

    February 16, 2026
    Tragedy In Onitsha As Nwa-Boi Murders His Oga With Mortar Pestle

    Tragedy In Onitsha As Nwa-Boi Murders His Oga With Mortar Pestle

    February 16, 2026
    Anambra Police Arrests Additional Four Suspects Over Murder of 3 Cameroonians

    Anambra Police Arrests Additional Four Suspects Over Murder of 3 Cameroonians

    February 16, 2026

    Most Read

    No Content Available

    Copyright © ANAMBRA PEOPLE MAGAZINE. All rights reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • POLITICS
    • GENERAL
    • CRIME
    • ANAMBRA TV
    • EDUCATION
    • BUSINESS
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • EVENTS
    • ANAMBRA @30
    • DIASPORA
    • Sports

    © wordpress-1211428-4405999.cloudwaysapps.com