• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
Anambra people magazine
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Anambra people magazine
No Result
View All Result
Home CRIME AND INSECURITY

Police Clarify ₦100M Transferred To Victor, Egbetokun’s Son by Anambra Government. 

Onyeka by Onyeka
February 25, 2026
in CRIME AND INSECURITY
Police Clarify ₦100M Transferred To Victor, Egbetokun’s Son by Anambra Government. 
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Nigeria Police Force has claimed that N100m was transferred in error from the Anambra State Government’s (ANSG) security vote account to Victor Egbetokun, son of outgoing Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun.

 

The Force Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin had disclosed this while appearing as a guest on Politics Today, a programme on Channels Television.

 

Victor had been accused of financial impropriety following allegations that he received a total of N100 million from the Anambra State Government’s (ANSG) security vote account at a time when the state was grappling with serious security challenges.

RelatedPosts

Anambra Police Arrest ASP for Threatening to Kill Anyone Filming Him

Woman Petitions IG, Demands 21M From Police For Occupying Property Without Payment

Family Laments Son’s Murder in Anambra Factory, Police Begin Investigation 

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the transactions said that the funds were allegedly transferred from the Anambra State Security Vote (VI) account domiciled with Sterling Bank into Victor Egbetokun’s personal Zenith Bank account.

 

The transfers, which were reportedly carried out in September 2025, raised serious questions about the handling of security funds meant to confront insurgency and violent crimes in the South-East.

 

According to a document obtained, the Anambra State Security Vote VI account, with account number 0102521622 at Sterling Bank, allegedly transferred the sum of N100m into a Zenith Bank account, number 4236010637, bearing the name Victor Adewale Egbetokun

 

Sources familiar with the matter said Victor Egbetokun was neither a serving police officer nor a civil servant, and held no official position within the Anambra State Government or any recognised security agency

 

Despite this, he allegedly received funds drawn from a highly sensitive security vote account, which is traditionally reserved for intelligence gathering, operational logistics, and emergency responses to security threats

 

However, according to Hundeyin, the money was transferred in error and reversed back to the Anambra state government account.

 

“You could remember when he said N100m was paid into the account of the son of the IGP. I called the son of the IGP immediately to know what was going on, and he explained. He said he saw N100m in his account, and I told my accounts officer to reverse the money immediately, which he did,” he said.

About Author

Onyeka

See author's posts

Previous Post

Soludo Inaugurates Commission of Inquiry into Awka Traditional Stool Dispute

Next Post

ADC State Lawmakers Condemn Alleged Assassination Attempt on Peter Obi.

Onyeka

Onyeka

Next Post
ADC State Lawmakers Condemn Alleged Assassination Attempt on Peter Obi.

ADC State Lawmakers Condemn Alleged Assassination Attempt on Peter Obi.

Recent News

Actress, Chioma Ifemeludike Mocks Soludo Over Flooded Roads in Anambra.

Actress, Chioma Ifemeludike Mocks Soludo Over Flooded Roads in Anambra.

May 22, 2026
Anambra State Government Increases Monthly Running Cost For Public Schools

Anambra Govt Approves Imo Awka Festival Same Day with APGA Primaries

May 22, 2026
Anambra Police Arrest ASP for Threatening to Kill Anyone Filming Him

Anambra Police Arrest ASP for Threatening to Kill Anyone Filming Him

May 22, 2026
Woman Petitions IG, Demands 21M From Police For Occupying Property Without Payment

Woman Petitions IG, Demands 21M From Police For Occupying Property Without Payment

May 21, 2026

Most Read

No Content Available

Copyright © ANAMBRA PEOPLE MAGAZINE. All rights reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • POLITICS
  • GENERAL
  • CRIME
  • ANAMBRA TV
  • EDUCATION
  • BUSINESS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • EVENTS
  • ANAMBRA @30
  • DIASPORA
  • Sports

© wordpress-1211428-4405999.cloudwaysapps.com