The Adimike family of Awka Etiti, Anambra State, has cautioned the public against what it described as misinformation and unverified reports surrounding the circumstances of the death of their Son, Mr Lucky Chinedu Adimike in Abuja.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the family said several narratives circulating on social media and some online platforms were speculative and not supported by facts from the ongoing police investigation.
The family stressed that no official conclusion had been reached regarding those responsible for the incident and warned against assigning blame without evidence.
“The family states unequivocally that many of the claims currently being peddled are speculative, misleading, and unsupported by facts emerging from the ongoing police investigation,” the statement said.
It added that the spread of unverified allegations was “irresponsible and deeply hurtful” to the family during the mourning period.
The family also appealed to the media and the public to avoid sensational reporting and allow security agencies to complete their investigations professionally.
The reaction followed reports linking the death of the Abuja resident to an alleged domestic incident, with the FCT Police Command confirming that five persons had been taken into custody as part of ongoing investigations.
Police spokesperson, Josephine Adeh, had earlier stated that the deceased was discovered in his Guzape residence after concerns were raised over inability to reach him, adding that investigations were ongoing.
Mr Lucky Adimike, a businessman until his death was the CEO of Lucky Accessories, a company into electronics, electrical appliances and real estate.




